Use ginger tea (the strong REAL ginger tea not just ginger flavor) or you can cut fresh ginger into tiny pieces then boiling it. Make sure you are covered with plenty of blankets both below and above you. Bring a dry towel with you too.
Drink the hot ginger tea then cover yourself from head to toe. Please make sure you are completely covered for at least 4-6 hours and do not expose any part of your body at all even though you feel really hot (you will be sweeting and wet. If you exposure to colder air when your pores are all open, you will catch more cold trap the toxins inside). You will sweat a lot and that’s good! Remember, cold virus loves cold.
When you are done sweating, dry with the dry towel then jump into a hot shower.
Drink a lot of fluid and take Vitamin C too. Use Nyquil at night if you cough a lot.
Good luck!! Feel better soon.
The ginger plant originated from Southeast Asia, it has yellow flowers and a distinctive scent. This rhizome of the plant has many uses, one of these is to help to treat the common cold. A cold is an upper respiratory infection caused by many different viruses that penetrate into the mucous layer of the nose and throat.
How Ginger Helps to Treat a Cold:
- Ginger is a natural antiviral which helps to fight against illness and bacteria that causes cold.
- It helps to stimulate perspiration that cleanses the system and brings down body temperature.
- It contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which help to boost up the immune system.
- It acts as an antihistamine and decongestant that helps to ease colds symptoms.
- It contains chemicals called sesquiterpenes which are specifically used to target rhinoviruses (the most common family of cold viruses)
- It is a natural pain and fever reducer and also a mild sedative.